Provides administrative support to Executive Director, Marketing Director, Executive Assistant, Client Services Administrator, and Finance and Program Manager.
Mon.-Fri. 9am-5pm, 35 hours per week.
- Provide administrative support to agency staff.
- Assist with answering incoming phone calls by answering questions or directing callers to the appropriate staff and providing follow-up customer service in a prompt and thorough manner.
- Prepare daily spreadsheet to be sent to TCVA (data-entry).
- Maintain digital files: add or update contact information in the database for current or prospective clients or new attorneys; generate correspondence with contacts, and maintain information in paperless document management system.
- Manage office work flow: Process incoming mail and faxes and direct to the appropriate staff person, order office supplies as needed, make copies, scan documents, and coordinate with external vendors (e.g. courier, recycling, shredding).
- Handle all aspects of mail: Pick up mail from PO Box, drop off letters and packages to be mailed at the Post Office; mail out prepared letters and packets with enclosures, and mail out disbursement checks to vendors and individuals.
- Customer service: Communicate with clients regarding checks received, low trust balances, change to Medicaid/SSI benefits and outstanding checks; mail out Payment Request Forms if a client request blank forms, update client addresses/phone numbers in database and notify address changes to TCVA via email; prepare and mail DSS/SSA packets for new clients.
- Perform any follow-up tasks including mailing packets of information and letters or sending follow-up emails.
- Prepare deposits that are received for funded trust accounts; follow closing procedures for accounts closed due to the depletion of funds.
- Backup to the Executive Assistant when he/she is out of the office.
The essential responsibilities require the following Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and willingness to learn how to use organization’s database.
- Strong attention to detail for narrative text (spelling, punctuation, etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret data, learn and apply new information and/or skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills (able to manage multiple tasks concurrently, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines).
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to communicate verbally and in writing with the general public and people with disabilities.
Level of Education
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to Ms. Joanne Marcus, Executive Director: